ANSI Method Portable Bar Code Verifier
The Inspector 3000 is RJS’ Lowest Price ANSI Method Verifier
The Inspector 3000 meets the American National Standard Institute’s "Guideline for Bar Code Quality’ (ANSI X3.182) method for verification. It also meets Uniform Code Council (UCC) and CEN specifications regarding verification methods.
This truly unique and powerful instrument is also easy to use. All the popular linear symbologies are supported. Store and print capability, multiple scan averaging and subsymbology choices are easily accessed through a simple four-button user interface. Analysis information appears immediately on a 32-character alphanumeric liquid crystal display (LCD). A distinct audible tone and a series of five colored LED’s indicate whether a bar code is in or out of specification.
In addition to the ANSI method parameters, traditional analysis parameters are provided on the LCD without the need for special mode settings.
Data can also be sent to an optional printer or to RS-232 compatible equipment for further analysis.
Two wand choices are available – 6 mil and 10 mil aperture, both with red (660 nm) light wavelength.
Accessories available include two printer models and a battery charger/power supply.
GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS - Inspector 3000
- Code 39; ANSI Traditional, w/mod43, AIAG, LOGMARS, HIBC
- UPC A & E/EAN 8 & 13 including 2 and 5 digit supplemental codes
- Code 128; ANSI, Shipping Container
- Codabar Variant
- Interleaved 2 of 5; ANSI Traditional, Case Code
- Code 93
- Auto-discrimination between symbologies
- Store and Print capability
- Bi-directional scanning
- Single scan or multiple scan averaging (up to 10 scans)
- ANSI; Overall Symbol Grade, Decodability, Symbol Contrast, Reflectance (min/max), Modulation, Defects, Edge Contrast, Ref. Decode, Application Compliance
- Traditional; PCS, Ratio, Avg. Bar Deviation, Quiet Zones, Mod Check, Encodation Check
- Simple 4 button: On, Print, Select, Enter
- 4-line LCD
- 5 LED’s - indicate Overall Symbol grade
- Audible tones indicate pass/fail results, low battery
- AA size Alkaline batteries
- Printer: TP140 (for Scan Reflectance Profile graphics), TP40
- Battery charger (can be used as AC power supply w/batteries removed from unit)
- AA size NiCad Rechargeable Batteries (for use with charger)
- 7.8 " (198 mm)L x 4.6" (117 mm)W x 1.9" (48 mm) D
- 16 oz. (454 g) wt.
Data Sheet provided by RJS Inc.
- UPC or EAN codes printed on flat surfaces (use 6-mil optic)
- Measure material reflectance
- Portable verifier for screening codes printed on thermal or laser printers
- Verification of codes printed with constant X dimension