INSPECTOR MODEL D4000
Dual Mode Portable Bar Code Verifier
The Model D4000 Provides the Two Most Popular Types of Verification;
ANSI Method and/or Point-and-Shoot Traditional Method
This unique portable bar code verifier can interface with either the patented RJS Auto-Optic scan head or a laser scanner to provide nine different optic configurations. The scanners are easily installed by the user, which makes the unit quickly adaptable to practically any verification requirement.
ANSI Mode Operation
A D4000 incorporating an Auto-Optic scanner is the industryâ€s most flexible ANSI method verifier. Eight optical arrangements are possible via menu selections for four aperture sizes and two wavelengths of light. The optical geometry meets all requirements of the ANSI X3.182 Bar Code Quality Guideline.
The Auto-Optic scanner is designed and manufactured by RJS for the sole purpose of performing ANSI method bar code quality analysis. Repeatability between units is outstanding, making the D4000 an ideal choice as a standardized company-wide ANSI method verifier.
Laser Mode Operation
A D4000 incorporating a laser scanner is an extremely easy to use point-and-shoot verifier â€“ basic scanning instructions are placed on the scanner. It requires virtually no user training and analyzes most of the essential traditional verification parameters. It also provides the ANSI method Decodability calculation and percent of decode information.
Popular applications include verification on materials requiring special considerations such as shiny, curved or uneven surfaces and wet ink. High density codes with X dimensions as narrow as 5 mil (.13 mm) can be also analyzed.
GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS - Model D4000
Modes of Operation
- ANSI Mode; all ANSI method parameters, application compliance, plus traditional analyses
- Laser Mode; traditional parameters (except reflectance), data comparison, percent decode
- Code 39; USS, w/mod43, AIAG B-1, B3/4/5/10, LOGMARS, HIBC
- UPC/EAN including 2 and 5 digit supplemental codes
- Code 128; USS, UCC/EAN 128 (see Unique ANSI and Laser Mode Features)
- USS Codabar
- Interleaved 2 of 5; USS, Case Code, w/ Mod 10 Check Digit
- Auto-discrimination between symbologies
- Store and Print capability
- Bi-directional scanning
- Multiple scan averaging
- Simple 4 button: On, Print, Select, Enter
- 4-line LCD
- 5 LEDâ€s - indicate average bar deviation (both modes)
- Audible tones indicate pass/fail results, low battery
- Printer: TP140A
- Battery charger (can be AC power supply w/batteries out of unit)
Unique ANSI Mode Features
- Auto-Optic Scanner: Two available models; 3, 5, 10, 20 mil or 3, 6, 10, 20 mil
- Two light wavelengths: 660 and 925 nm
- UCC/EAN 128 Application Identifier (AI) data format check; AI 00 and 01 only
Unique Laser Mode Features
- Percent of Decode displayed on lower two LCD lines (Continuous setting only)
- UCC/EAN 128 Application Identifier data format check;all AI per current specifications
- Store and print and/or database capability; 20K bytes non-volatile memory programmable in 5K byte segments
Data Sheet provided by RJS Inc.