LASER INSPECTOR MODEL L1000
Portable Bar Code Verifier
The Model L1000 Allows Simple Point-and-Shoot Operation
The L1000 uses a moving beam laser scanner. It requires virtually no user training â “ basic scanning instructions are placed on the scanner. The L1000 analyzes the essential traditional verification parameters including average bar deviation, quiet zones, encodation check, mod check and ratio where applicable. It also provides the ANSI method Decodability calculation and percent of decode information.
Designed for maximum ease of use, even traditionally hard to verify bar codes such as high density codes with 5 mil (.13mm) X dimensions and codes on irregular, wet, shiny, laminated or moving surfaces are accurately analyzed.
The L1000 supports all the popular linear bar code symbologies.
Additionally, the L1000 contains 20K bytes of non-volatile memory that can be allocated in 5K byte segments for store and print and/or database capabilities.
The store and print data is accessible through a serial communications port. The database feature allows two, 16 character LCD lines to display a programmed, alphanumeric message directly related to the data in the bar code that is being analyzed.
Optional accessories include a printer and a battery charger/power supply.
GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS - Model L1000
- Code 39; ANSI Traditional, w/mod43, AIAG, LOGMARS, HIBC
- UPC/EAN including 2 and 5 digit supplemental codes
- Code 128
- Codabar Variant
- Interleaved 2 of 5; ANSI Traditional, Case Code
- Code 93
- Auto-discrimination between symbologies
- Store and Print capability
- Database capability
- Bi-directional scanning
- Single scan, multiple scan averaging or continuous scans
- Percent Decode (in continuous scanning mode)
- Bar Width Deviation
- Ratio (when applicable)
- Data Match
- Modulo check digits
- Quiet Zone
- Ansi Decodability
- Simple 4 button: On, Print, Select, Enter
- 4-line LCD
- 5 LEDâ€s - indicate average bar deviation
- Audible tones indicate pass/fail results, low battery
- Hand held moving beam
- 650 (red) nm wavelength
- 5 mil (.13 mm) X dimension min.
- AA size Alkaline batteries
- Printer: TP140A
- Battery charger (can be used as AC power supply w/batteries removed from unit)
- AA size NiCad Batteries
- 7.8" (198 mm) L x 4.6" (117 mm) W x 1.9" (48 mm) D
- 32 oz. (907 g) wt.
Data Sheet provided by RJS Inc.
- Bar codes on curved surfaces
- Bar codes on easily wrinkled or scratched surfaces
- Wet ink
- Codes that are short in height (<= Â¼")
- Data match
- May use for analyzing symbols printed on a laser printer but must pay special attention to the ANSI decodability grade
- Applications using code 93 bar codes