Presentation of Automatic Data Collection Technologies
This course provides and overview of the prominent automatic data collection technologies. Strengths and weaknesses, pros and cons and practical considerations are discussed to provide participants with vendor independent, non-commercial information on the various technologies.
- Bar Codes,
- Biometric Identification,
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI),
- Machine Vision,
- Magnetic Stripe,
- Memory Tags,
- Optical Character Recognition(OCR),
- Radio Frequency Data Communication (RF/DC),
- Radio Frequency Identification (RF/ID),
- Smart Cards/Optical Cards,
- Voice Recognition,
- Trade Associations.